The Young Entrepreneurs Project San Diego is funded by the California
Community College Economic and Workforce Development Program as a way
for young people ages 14 – 27 to realize there are alternatives to vocational
education and blue collar jobs. The alternative to these avenues is self-employment.
It is our hope that you will see self-employment as a legitimate lifetime
career path providing reliable living wages. The project consists of two
1. The Training Module: As a way to help you learn about self-employment,
the Center for International Trade Development (CITD) and YEP Team have developed an online
business training module. The training module will provide participants
the opportunity to learn the basics of starting a business, the specifics
of starting an online business and the information needed to write a
legitimate and professional business plan.
2. The Contest: The contest involves writing a business plan using the
format and information provided in the training module. Participation in the business plan competition is not a requirement, however, it is strongly encouraged. Business plans will be evaluated and the top 3 plans will win a prize package consisting of:
- 1 Year of Free SBDC & CITD Workshop Attendance
- Business Management Prize Pack
- Suite of Business Counseling Services
- Free PR For Your Business
- Technical Assistance with identifying and accessing capital to help you launch your business
Addtional prizes may be announced at a later date. Check back often for an update.
Enrollment for YEP 2010 is now open. To register to participate in YEP, fill out the enrollment form here.
Learn more abour the YEP contest by watching this video from a previous YEP event.